random thoughts, ideas, questions...

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

change is hard. that is difficult for me to admit. i like to think of myself as a quick adapter and someone who is open to anything. the topic of change comes up a lot in my job - how to do it well, when not to do it, when it is time to do it, etc. sometimes i get a little impatient and i don't understand the anxiety that different changes produce in people. but lately i'm realizing that change can make you anxious, even good change. dealing with the good changes in my life - my friend's engagement, another friend's pregnancy, a friend's new relationship, a friend's relocation - all of these things are so great and i'm very excited about them, but i can sense a little bit of anxiety in myself. these changes mean that i have to change. my role is different with these friends now in some ways. but, i have been blessed with coworkers who are very aware of the way change and anxiety work. they are wonderful models to me of how to embrace the changes that come my way and face them with a spirit of adventure, courage, and trust. i hope dealing with these small changes in a healthy way will help me get through some of the other changes i'm going through like the loss of my grandfather.

tomorrow i'm heading down to kerrville, texas to plan whitewater ranch for next summer. i'm sure i'll have a blast, but i'll have to take a break from blogging. i know you're a little disappointed because this is the most consistent i've been in my blogging for a while. i'll try to pick back up where i started. peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home