random thoughts, ideas, questions...

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

whew! the meeting is over and i'm still alive. i wish there had been more high school parents there, but i guess that's the way it goes sometimes. i had fun with the ones that were there.

at the risk of sounding totally shallow and materialistic, i have to confess that i love my ipod. it is so amazing. i have close to 1400 songs downloaded. it has changed my life - in silly, inconsequential ways - but it has changed my life nonetheless. i was the person who would carry 30 or so cds with me everywhere i went and i would be frustrated when i didn't have the cd with me that had the perfect song for whatever circumstance i found myself in, i would be sad and make a mental note to make sure that was one of the cds to keep with me at all times. anyway, now i just take my tiny ipod with me and i'm set no matter what comes up. so have i mentioned that i really love music?

another technological advance i appreciate is my cell phone. i'm not exactly sure how i stayed connected with people before i had one. my cell phone is my only phone these days so it is an essential part of my existence. but, i don't think the cell phone or at least having it as your only phone is as perfect as the ipod. i don't miss the action of taking out a cd, placing it in a cd player and pushing play. i do, however miss having a phone and an answering machine at home. i miss the action of coming home, checking my machine, and listening to my messages. there is a small piece of excitement in pushing play on your answering machine - it could be that phone call you've been waiting on or someone you haven't heard from in a while. you don't know. all you know is there is a blinking light waiting for you to push play. on my cell phone, i always know who is calling or whose call i missed. no adventure, no mystery. i find myself sometimes when i'm getting home wondering if i'll have any messages and then i have to remind myself that i already have all my messages. it is kind of a downer. isn't that silly?

what is sillly is that i'm still in my office at 9:40 when i could be home. so, i'm getting out of here asap. peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home