random thoughts, ideas, questions...

Thursday, May 01, 2003

i've had a pretty good morning. i got upat 5:30 a.m. to go to kickboxing. it's not so bad once i get going, but that initial waking up process really stinks! anyway, i had a good class. after i got cleaned up, i spent a little time at starbucks trying to think through some things. mainly i'm trying to re-evaluate my role at garnett and my job description. i'm trying to listen closely to God and discern how i'd best be used here. the process has been pretty frustrating for me so far because i have a lot of different ideas and passions - i just need to figure out how to synthesize them all and how they fit in with the student ministry as a whole. anyway, i didn't come up with any profound answers, or any answers at all, really, but i did get to think some things out.

i also got my hair cut today. those of you who know my hair history know a haircut can be pretty devastating to me and anyone that comes in contact with me. just so you know you don't have to start screening your phone calls, i'm ok with it. i got some little "pieces" cut which are a little short, but i think i can learn to work with them. they are definitely not "call my friends crying" material.

tonight is our high school girls' coffee break. i'm really looking forward to it. my girls are so much fun. i'm blessed to be in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home